San Bernardino, CA - The Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship (IECE) at Cal State San Bernardino announced the semi-finalists for the 2019 Spirit of the Entrepreneur Awards program. The semi-finalists will attend a judging reception on September 25th where they will meet and interact with the event judges. Immediately following the reception, the judges will convene, deliberate and select the finalists, whose names will be unveiled on September 26th. The finalists for the event will compete for the 2019 Spirit of the Entrepreneur award at the 16th annual black-tie gala on November 13th at the Riverside Convention Center.
THE 2019 INLAND EMPIRE ENTREPRENEURIAL SEMI-FINALISTS INCLUDE:
- 8 Bit Brewing Company, Chris Keyson - Murrieta
- Acorn Technology Services, Mickey McGuire Jr. - Riverside
- Arcade Coffee Roasters, Stephen Hasemeyer - Riverside
- Avalon Shutters, Inc., Bob Marcynyszyn - Perris
- Benchmark Transitions, Jayne Longnecker-Harper, M.Ed. - Redlands
- buzzbox beverages, inc., Rod Vandenbos - Indio
- Digital Dental Leaders, Eric True - Menifee
- Do It American MFG Company, LLC, Jon Armstrong - Corona
- Education through Imagination, Ryan Rainbolt - Redlands
- Extreme Plates, LLC , Cris and Mindy Follett - Yucaipa
- Help Heal Veterans, Joseph S. McClain - Winchester
- High Light Electric Inc , Erwin Mendoza - Riverside
- Holstrom, Block & Parke, APLC and Custody Queens, Kristen A. Holstrom & Dayn A. Holstrom - Corona
- Hub Construction Specialties, Inc., Edward Dainko, III - San Bernardino
- Karla Adams Club, Karla Adams - Riverside
- Kelly Smile Dentistry, Dr. Kelly Hong - Victorville
- Klatch Coffee, Heather Perry - Rancho Cucamonga
- Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center, Carrie Ridgway - Riverside
- Muscle Bar LLC , Nicola Fakhoury - Alta Loma
- Pacific Capital, Chad Willardson - Corona
- Pepe's Towing Service, Manny Acosta - Moreno Valley
- Poindexter Consulting Group, Vikita Poindexter - Murrieta
- Premier Solar Cleaning, LLC., Adam Fuller - Murrieta
- Protech Staffing Services, Inc., Leo Castaneda - Riverside
- QC Manufacturing, Inc., Dane Stevenson - Temecula
- Riverside Family Physicians, APMC (RFP), Tarek Zaki Mahdi, MD - Riverside
- Royal Interpack North America Inc. , Radhika Chawla - Riverside
- Ruff & Ready Moving LLC , John Ruff - Temecula
- Scott Equipment, Western Rentals, Western Construction Auction, Richard & Gregg Scott - Fontana
- Social Catfish, LLC, David McClellan and James Meyers - Murrieta
- Sullivan Solar Power, Daniel Sullivan - Riverside
- Sunergy Construction Inc, Jonathan Mitchell - Corona
- The Sash Company, Inc., Angelique Barnum - Upland
- Unidos Por La Musica Nonprofit, Oscar Ayon - Ontario
- United Transmission Exchange, Karen Mason - San Bernardino
- VeneCacao Chocolateria , Stephen M Heinemann - Riverside
- VIRTEK Company, Virgal Woolfolk - Menifee
- Warren Packaging Inc, Phil Warren - Ontario
JUDGING RECEPTION is Sponsored by Roorda, Piquet & Bessee, Inc.
Attendees can BOOK TICKETS ONLINE HERE with direct seat selection for the 2019 Spirit of the Entrepreneur Awards gala event. Ticket prices for the black-tie event range from $135 to $175 each. Full-table discounts are available.
Spirit Awards Event Features
Commencing at 5:00 p.m. on November 13th, attendees will experience either a Gala or VIP reception, 3-course dinner, stellar event entertainment, awards presentations, and for select parties, an exclusive after party!
The Best of the Best award. Sponsored by Best, Best & Krieger, LLP The top entrepreneur from among the evenings award recipients that best exemplifies the entrepreneurial spirit will take home the 2019 Best of the Best award.The Garner Holt Student Fast Pitch Competition
Witness 90-second business pitches from competing student finalists. Audience members cast their votes for the best business idea through a live voting poll to determine which students will walk away with the top cash prizes.
Entertainment Upcoming entertainment guest stars are always an anticipated reveal during the gala. Past events have included top flight entertainment such as: Rock Legend Eddie Money, Ekenah Claudin-Transcending Box, and Gregory Adamson- Facing the Music Performance Artistry.
VIP Reception Sponsored by City National Bank an RBC Company Treat yourself to a luxurious experience only available to VIP ticket holders. The 2019 Spirit VIP Experience includes access to the exclusive pre-show VIP reception with hosted bar, hors d'oeuvres, entertainment, and preferred access to showroom seating for the gala presentation as well as top section seating for the main event while you enjoy specialty selected cuisine for your 3-course dining experience.
Proceeds from the Spirit of the Entrepreneur event benefit the Spirit of the Entrepreneur Scholarship established by Dr. Mike Stull, Director of Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship at California State University, San Bernardino. The scholarship is awarded to vetted and deserving entrepreneurship students in order to assist them in achieving their degree.
The Spirit of the Entrepreneur event is presented by the Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship (IECE) and the Jack H. Brown College of Business & Public Administration at California State University San Bernardino and sponsored by a wide range of local organizations including:
- PLATINUM SPONSORS Best Best & Krieger LLP, Southern California News Group, Bank of America, Inland Empire Magazine, Fifth Third Bank, and Inland Empire Business Journal
- GOLD SPONSORS San Bernardino County EDA, City of Riverside, US Bank, Wilson Ivanova CPAs, Wells Fargo, Altek Media Group, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Riverside County EDA, and Entrepreneur High School
- SILVER SPONSORS Varner & Brandt LLP, Pacific Premier Bank, CDC Small Business Finance, The Community Foundation, SmartSyt, City of Ontario, Tangram, and Roark Financial Solutions
- JUDGING RECEPTION SPONSOR Roorda, Piquet & Bessee, Inc.
- VIP RECEPTION SPONSOR - City National Bank, An RBC Company
- AFTER PARTY SPONSOR - Leadership Dimensions, Inc.